SleepTight Mouthpiece is a mouthpiece which you can use to prevent snoring while you sleeping. It's a Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD) that works by moving the lower jaw forward. This opens the airway and prevents snoring.
What Is A Snoring Mouthpiece?
Snoring mouthpieces, also referred to as "snore guards", "snoring mouth guards", "anti-snoring mouthpieces" and other similar names, are devices which advance your lower jaw to stop snoring. They are more technically referred to as Mandibular Advancement Devices. These devices are worn while you sleep to open the airway and stop snoring.
How Does The SleepTight Mouthpiece Work?
The SleepTight Mouthpiece works by keeping your airway open during sleep.
First, you make an impression of your teeth while your lower jaw is extended. Once the impression is set, you wear the mouthpiece during sleep.
Snoring is mostly a result of vibration in your airway. The vibration occurs during sleep because the muscles relax. The SleepTight Mouthpiece keeps your mouth in a position that keeps air flowing without obstruction thus eliminating snoring.
Can SleepTight Mouthpiece Stop Your Snoring?
Yes, for those with simple snoring or mild to moderate sleep apnea, SleepTight can stop your snoring if it is fit correctly.
What Does SleepTight Mouthpiece Cost?
A single SleepTight Mouthpiece costs $79.90 if you keep it past 30 days. The price is divided into 2 seperate charges. The first is $9.95 for a 30-day trial and the second is $69.95 after the trial.
What Is The SleepTight Mouthpiece Billing Model?
You get a 30-day trial for $9.95. The full amount of $69.95 is authorized (but not captured) to ensure you can pay.
You are responsible for paying $9.95 in the first 30 days. They do this to prevent fraud.
If you look at your credit card statement, you will see $79.90 but, that is just a temporary authorization used for fraud prevention. After the product ships, a few days later, it shows as $9.95. This is the only amount that should appear on your actual monthly statement.
What's Included in The SleepTight Mouthpiece Box?
SleepTight Mouthpiece orders include:
- One (1) SleepTight Mouthpiece
- One (1) mouthpiece storage case
- One (1) airway fitting plug
- Directions on how to use and fit the device
SleepTight Mouthpiece up close. You can see the ridges in the mouthpiece above. These ridges enable a better fit of the device at night, making it less likely to fall out.
How Big Is The SleepTight Mouthpiece Airway?
The airway opening for SleepTight Mouthpiece is open 6 millimeters. This opening is wide enough for the tip of the tongue to go through it and that can improve breathing. SleepTight Mouthpiece has a wide airway opening, unlike many other device.
Where Is SleepTight Mouthpiece Located?
United States. SleepTight Mouthpiece is based out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Who Created SleepTight Mouthpiece?
Michael D. Williams, D.D.S, created SleepTight Mouthpiece in 2014. Dr. Williams, a dentist, created the mouthpiece after multiple ineffective painful surgeries to cure his snoring.
Dr. Williams is a member of the American Academy of Sleep Dentisty.
Step-By-Step Fitting Instructions for SleepTight Mouthpiece
You should brush your teeth before fitting SleepTight Mouthpiece
- Stove (do not use microwave)
- Water (2 cups)
- Teapot or saucepan to boil water
- 2 glass or ceramic cups (1 for the hot water to be poured into and 1 to cool the mouthpiece)
- The SleepTight Mouthpiece and its fitting plug
- A timer
- Spoon or tongs (to keep the mouthpiece underwater and remove it from the water)
- Boil water and pour into a cup. Let the water sit for 1 minute. If the water is too hot then the SleepTight may become rough. Do not boil water in a microwave!
- Fully insert the fitting handle. keep the mouthpiece under water for 3 minutes using a spoon or tongs. This makes the mouthpiece soft enough for an impressiion of your teeth.
- Remove the SleepTight from the hot water and shake off excess water. Make sure it is not too hot to put in your mouth.
- If the edges of the SleepTight have folded over, straighten them back up into the original horseshoe shape.
- Make sure the SleepTight is right-side up. There should be a "V" shape notch on the top. Re-check the fitting handle to make sure it's secure before fitting.
- Place the SleepTight onto the lower teeth first, work in front of a mirror to center the device.
- Bite down hard into the mouthpiece and move your lower jaw forward to align the edge of the lower teeth with the edge of the upper teeth, or slightly forward. You will see the fitting handle rise up. The fitting handle will prevent the back teeth from touching and will maintain the front breathing opening.
- While holding the jaw forward, firmly press the mouthpiece against all of your teeth using your fingers and tongue while the material is soft for 30 seconds. Suck in and push the tongue against the sides of the soft material.
- Take the SleepTight out and place it into cool water for 1 minute. You can use ice cold water to make a shrink fit, only do this if you are satisfied with the impression.
NOTE: If the mouthpiece is not fit correctly, without a firm impression, you will need to go through the steps again. You can re-fit the mouthpiece a couple of times if you didn't bite down hard enough to make a good impression.
Is SleepTight Mouthpiece a BBB Accredited Business?
Yes, SleepTight Mouthpiece has been accredited by the BBB (see: Better Business Bureau) since January, 2016. They currently have an A+ rating and no complaints. See the bbb.org page.
Is SleepTight Mouthpiece FDA Cleared?
What Is The Warranty/ Return Policy For SleepTight Mouthpiece?
You have 30-days from the ship date of your purchase date to verify your satisfaction with your SleepTight Mouthpiece.
If you have tried to refit it and are still not seeing success, you can request an RMA number and then return your product. The process is simple and automated. You are responsible for the return shipping costs, however.
Can You Buy SleepTight Mouthpiece on Amazon or at Walmart, Walgreens or CVS?
No, SleepTight Mouthpiece is a medical device and can only be bought on their company website or through authorized dealers. SleepTight Mouthpiece requires you to fill out a quick questionnaire to learn about your snoring, this is required by the FDA.
Until forms exist on Amazon or Walmart to allow the questionnaire, they will probably not be selling it there. Either way, to ensure high quality customer service, you should order direct.
You can buy SleepTight Mouthpiece: here.
How Do You Clean and Maintain SleepTight Mouthpiece?
You can clean SleepTight Mouthpiece using a soft tooth brush with liquid soap. Tooth pastes are abrasive and can damage the mouthpiece over time, making it more likely to stain.
You can soak the mouthpiece in denture cleaner to help remove stains and keep it fresh. The device should be stored in a dry container.
What Is SleepTight Mouthpiece Made Of?
The SleepTight is composed entirely of EVA, a material approved by the FDA for its use as a snoring and sleep apnea mouthpiece. The SleepTight does not contain any latex or BPA.
How Long Will The SleepTight Mouthpiece Last?
If taken care of properly, the SleepTight Mouthpiece should last 6 months to 2 years. The variance in time will depend on how well it is taken care of, how often it is worn and if the person wearing it grinds their teeth at night or not.
What Are The Pros and Cons of SleepTight Mouthpiece?
- Has a large airway opening (6mm) that allows for increased airflow at night
- Was designed by a dentist who understands the challenges of snorers
- FDA cleared for both snoring and (mild) sleep apnea
- No adjustment tools
- You can try it for 30-days for only $9.95 to see if it works
- The device can only be re-fit a few times until the material becomes soft
SleepTight Mouthpiece Details
|Company Name||Sleep Tight|
|Business Address||PO Box 551122 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33355|
|Mouthpiece Type||Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)|
Where Can You Buy SleepTight Mouthpiece RIGHT NOW?
Overall Review of SleepTight Mouthpiece
The SleepTight Mouthpiece can stop your snoring. It has a large airway opening and can be custom fit using the boil and bite process.
While it may not be as re-adjustable as some other devices, you can create a firm impression of your teeth with it. The device is FDA cleared not only for snoring but also for mild sleep apnea.