We participate in affiliate programs, where we are compensated for items purchased through links from our site (at no cost to the buyer). See our disclosure page for our list of comped products and affiliate programs.
GMSS: Will It Stop My Snoring If I Have Dental Issues?
Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS) is a tongue stabilization device that is used to prevent snoring at night.
The mouthpiece is a safe and effective solution that is clinically proven to quickly eliminate or reduce snoring.
The Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece works through suction, you put your tongue in the bulb and it helps open your airway by pulling your tongue forward.
- Ratings/ Pros And Cons
- How It Works
- Video Review
- What's Included
- Precautions/ Health Info
- Product Details
- Patient Results
- Fitting Process
- Company Info
- Costs, Shipping Options And Warranty
Ratings/ Pros And Cons
Good Morning Snore Solution Ratings
Pros And Cons Of Good Morning Snore Solution
- Clinically proven to reduce snoring with 70% success rate
- Works for people with dentures or sensitive teeth
- Can be used if you have mild to moderate sleep apnea (also with CPAP)
- Is lightweight
- It doesn't need to be fit to your bite like many boil-and-bite mouthpieces
- Relatively expensive, some mouthpieces are $10 or more less
- Requires you can breathe through your nose, some other mouthpieces that work differently, have an airway opening
- Can cause some tongue discomfort while getting used to it
How It Works
How does Good Morning Snore Solution work?
The device works by suction, the patient puts their tongue into the device and it pulls the tongue forward to open the airway.
Snoring is often caused when the muscles in the back of the throat relax during sleeping, blocking airflow through the mouth. Good Morning Snore Solution alleviates snoring by pulling the tongue forward in the mouth and maintaining an open airway.
Video Review Of Good Morning Snore Solution
This is a review of Good Morning Snore Solution for Snoring Mouthpiece Review which shows how the mouthpiece works, actual results from using it and how to clean it:
Good Morning Snore Solution Package
When you buy GMSS, you get the mouthpiece, directions, a cleaning solution and a case to store it in.
What does Good Morning Snore Solution look like?
This is an image of GMSS up close (the material is soft):
Precautions/ Health Info
Can Good Morning Snore Solution treat sleep apnea?
Yes, GMSS can treat mild to moderate sleep apnea and snoring. Do not use GMSS if you have severe sleep apnea, however.
How was the mouthpiece clinically tested?
A randomized, controlled study was conducted to assess the effectiveness of Good Morning Snore Solution for "sleep disordered breathing" in 2008.
In May of 2008, the Journal of Sleep and Breathing published the results of the study, which showed that more than 70% of the participants wished to continue using the anti-snoring mouthpiece because it effectively decreased their snoring.
What agencies have cleared/ reviewed Good Morning Snore Solution?
As a class I medical device:
As a class II medical device:
Are there contraindications for Wearing Good Morning Snore Solution?
Yes, the mouthpiece should not be used for patients who:
- Have central or obstructive sleep apnea
- Have severe respiratory disorders
- Have loose or advanced periodontal disease
- Are under the age of 18
Can I wear the mouthpiece if my gums are sensitive?
Individuals with sensitive gums and teeth, chronic swollen or sore gums from gingivitis, or underlying medical or dental conditions that may make their gums and teeth more sensitive should consult with a physician and/ or dentist before ordering the Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece.
Is Good Morning Snore Solutoin FDA Cleared?
Yes, as a class II medical device.
Can the Good Morning Snore Solution be used instead of CPAP?
Maybe. Clinical studies support the use of the Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece for treatment of mild to moderate sleep apnea.
While a number of patient use this device instead of their CPAP machine, or as a temporary substitute on vacations and trips, every person is different.
CPAP users may have more severe conditions than most so a doctor should be consulted with to know for sure.
Can I wear Good Morning Snore Solution if my nose is hard to breathe through?
No. Breathing through your nose is required to use Good Morning Snore Solution. Do not use the mouthpiece if your nasal passages are blocked. Do not wear the mouthpiece if you have a cold or allergies. You can try nasal strips to help you.
What warnings are there about Good Morning Snore Solution?
The device may cause:
- Tooth movement or changes in dental occlusion
- Dental soreness
- Pain or soreness to the temporomandibular joint
- Obstruction of oral breathing
- Excess salivation
Good Morning Snore Solution and TMJ
If a person who has temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) snores, they can usually use GMSS.
Unlike other anti-snoring methods, tongue displacement does not usually contribute to jaw pain.
Can Good Morning Snore Solution be worn with dentures?
Yes, GMSS fits between your lips and gums making it possible to wear with or without dentures.
Possible Side Effects of Good Morning Snore Solution
Note: Many of these side effects may go away after a short time using the device.
- Excess saliva
- Tender tongue
- Discomfort/ soreness
- Difficulty swallowing
- Tooth movement
Who should not use Good Morning Snore Solution?
- People with severe sleep apnea
- Those who are obese may have severe sleep apnea
- People with periodontal disease
- Those who cannot breathe functionally through their nose
- If you are congested from a cold, flu or allergies and cannot breathe even with nasal sprays, do not use the device
- If you have asthma or other respiratory disorders, you should see a dentist or family doctor before use
- If you have chronic nasal congestion, blockage or sinusitis
What if I wear an orthodonic device or a guard for teeth grinding?
If you wear braces, a grind guard or some other oral device, you should consult a dentist before wearing Good Morning Snore Solution.
How does Good Morning Snore Solution compare to a jaw advacement device?
In brief, the GMSS works by gently moving the tongue forward as opposed to a MAD which works by advancing the lower jaw.
How long will Good Morning Snore Solution last?
A GMSS should last about one (1) year on average.
The lifespan will depend on how often the device is used and how it's taken care of.
Are there different sizes of Good Morning Snore Solution?
No. There is only one size which you can buy.
Are there different verions for men and women?
No. GMSS has a "universal fit".
Does Good Morning Snore Solution contain BPA?
No, GMSS does not contain BPA.
What should be known about the mouthpiece?
- There is a period of adjustment wearing Good Morning Snore Solution. It can take 4-6 weeks to be comfortable wearing the device. You should continue wearing it until this time to determine if it's effective for you.
- The mouthpiece may fall out initially. With practice, one can comfortably retain the mouthpiece in position during sleep. You can adjsut the suction on your tongue by pinching the bulb harder or softer when you apply your tongue. You will learn how much to insert your tongue into the device over time. The harder you pinch the bulb, the more the tongue inside the bulb should result in stronger suction.
- Every person is different and needs to find the right amount of suction for comfort. If the device pulls too strongly, it can make the tongue sore. If it is too loose, adding a dab of olive oil into the bulb can create more suction.
- You have to get used to swallowing with the mouthpiece in. This process can be improved for patients who wear the device while awake. You should try wearing the mouthpiece for 10 minutes and practice swallowing with it in before sleep.
- You may experience some tongue soreness, excess saliva and sore gums. Over time, these side effects should lessen or go away.
Can the mouthpiece be used with a night guard?
Yes. Some people find the Good Morning Snore Solution mouthpiece can be used instead of a night guard because it can have the same effect of preventing their teeth from making direct contact during sleep.
Due to the variances in personal physiology and individual conditions, it is always recommended that Good Morning Snore Solution users consult with their family doctor, dentist or orthodontist before use if you need a night guard.
How do I store Good Morning Snore Solution?
You can store Good Morning Snore Solution in the case that comes with the device. You should make sure it's dry before storing it. You can also store some cleaning solution in the case!
How effective is Good Morning Snore Solution?
GMSS was tested in 2008 by the journal of Sleep and Breathing. In this study, 70% of the participants wished to continue using a snoring mouthpiece because it decreased their snoring.
Good Morning Snore Solution vs. SnoreRx
Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS) differs from SnoreRx in the following ways:
- GMSS uses the tongue to advance the lower jaw by using suction, while SnoreRx relies on the teeth
- GMSS doesn't require an impression of your teeth, while SnoreRx doese
- GMSS requires you can breathe properly through your nose for the mouthpiece to work while SnoreRx allows some mouth breathing
- GMSS can be used if you have dentures or sensitive teeth while SnoreRx cannot be
- GMSS weighs less than SnoreRx
- GMSS is made of soft material while SnoreRx is made of a harder material
Actual Results Of From Patients
A paitent wore Good Morning Snore Solution for three nights. They did not wear nasal strips. Despite this, their snoring was reduced in both frequency and intensity.
The patient mentioned that the mouthpiece feel out a few times while wearing it but that it was not that uncomfortable.
Results from a patient's blood oxygen saturation while wearing Good Morning Snore Solution. The results indicate the patient was able to get adequate oxygen at night.
Note: oximeter used in recording was the CMS50E
Testimonials Of Good Morning Snore Solution
How do you wear Good Morning Snore Solution?
Directions for wearing Good Mornign Snore Solution:
- Just before falling asleep, place the flange between your lips and front teeth, dentures or gums
- Sqeeze the bulb with your thumb and first finger while sucking the air out of the blub
- Insert the tip of your tongue into the bulb while releasing your thumb and finger
- Relax your tongue
Note: The bulb should protrude from the mouth slightly. It will take practice to swallow without pulling out the tongue.
To remove the device, gently sqeeze the blub and remove your tongue from it.
Do all people who wear the mouthpiece experience the same suction?
Every person is different and the mouthpiece can have some variation for each user.
Some may find that the device suction is too strongly and makes their tongue sore at first. Others might feel the device does not have enough suction to keep their tongue in the proper position all night.
- Too much suction: If suction seems too high, most will find adding a bit more air to the bulb during placement of the tongue to be more comfortable.
- Too little suction: If suction seems too low, we suggest adding a small dab of olive oil in the bulb to create a better seal.
With a bit of adjustments, and time for the body to become used to the mouthpiece, most users reach what the “Goldilocks Zone” where everything is just right.
Can I cut or modify the mouthpiece to fit it better?
No. Do not trim, cut or heat Good Morning Snore Solution. The quality and safety of the device may become compromised if you do.
Can you wear Good Morning Snore Solution without it touching your gums?
Yes, it is possible that you can get enough suction on the mouthpiece that you can wear it completely on the exterior of your mouth. The problem with this is that it is more likely to fall out while wearing it, especially if you are not sleeping on your back.
Some people have identified that this mouthpiece could cause receding gum lines because it touches their gums every night. Wearing the mouthpiece outside your mouth, such that it only touches your tongue, is possible. Keep it mind, it may be less effective and it's more likely to fall out if you do this.
Costs, Shipping Options And Warranty
How much does Good Morning Snore Solution cost?
- Single Pack $99.89 ($89.94 + $9.95 shipping) - includes 1 mouthpiece
- Young Adult Single Pack: $89.94
- Original Multi Pack: $129.94
- Young Adult Multi Pack: $129.94
- Variety Pack: $129.94
What are the shipping options for the mouthpiece?
- United States - USPS First-Class with Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- Canada - Canada Post with Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- United Kingdom - Royal Mail First Class Packet with Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- European Region - Royal Mail International with Tracking (5-15 Business Days)
- Australia - Australia Post with Tracking (3-5 Business Days)
- Asia Pacific Region - Australia Post International with Tracking (5-15 Business Days)
What's the return policy of Good Morning Snore Solution?
GMSS offers a 30-day, 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Therefore, you can try the device and return it if it doesn't work. You do need to pay the shipping and handling fees to return the device and those are not refunded if you return it.
The 30-days you get to try the mouthpiece is more than twice as long as it should take to feel comfortable wearing it and seeing it at its full performance to stop your snoring.
To return GMSS:
- Send an email to email@example.com with:
- Description of experience using the device
- Email used at time of purchase
- Order number from purchase
- Receive an RMA number
- Mail back all contents shipped to you
Is there a coupon for Good Morning Snore Solution?
Yes, there is currently a promotion of 15% off until February 28th, 2018 using the promo code: SLEEP15 (available thanks to Snoring Mouthpiece Review!)
Good Morning Snore Solution Details
|Company Name||Mpowrx Health & Wellness Products 2012 Inc.|
|Business Address||510 3553 31 St NW Calgary, AB T2L 2K7|
|Mouthpiece Type||Tongue Stabilizing Devices (TSD)|
How do you clean Good Morning Snore Solution?
To clean GMSS, you can use cold water and a certified cleaning solution, as directed.
Cleaning solutions include denture, retainer or sports mouth guard cleaners.
Do not use harsh cleaners or excessively hot water because the device could become damaged.
Good Morning Snore Solution comes with some cleaning solution (Efferdent Power Clean Crystals), you can use it to clean the device on your own. To use it, you need warm water.
First, fill a bowl with warm water.
Then, pour the contents of the cleaning packet into the bowl.
Then, put the mouthpiece in the bowl for three minutes.
After three minutes, remove the mouthpiece from the bowl and wash it off with warm water.
Do not swallow or gargle with solution.
Note: the Efferdent Power Clean Crystals sample (included with new mouthpieces) contains persulfates, which are a known allergen, and may cause allergic reactions.
It is recommended that users who have allergies to persulfates or users who experience any of these symptoms during normal use of the device consider appropriate alternatives to cleaning products that contain persulfates.
Overall Review Of Good Morning Snore Solution
Good Morning Snore Solution is a snoring mouthpiece which you should try if you have dentures, sensitive teeth or dental issues.
You need to be able to breathe through your nose properly to use this mouthpiece because you are unable to breathe through your mouth while wearing it.
The mouthpiece can reduce your snoring and can even work for you if you have mild to moderate sleep apnea.
If you continue to snore while wearing the mouthpiece, you will want to use nasal strips with it.
Good Morning Snore Solution is worth trying!
Where can I buy Good Morning Snore Solution?
Official website: www.goodmorningsnoresolution.com